My, oh my, what a week it has been! I started off with such high hopes for the week. But on Tuesday evening, Bear was running a fever at bedtime. It wasn’t very high, but she has a history with fever. She has a tendency to spike a fever really fast…so I gave her some medicine (in hopes to avoid the inevitable), and sent her to bed. I got up and checked on her at around 2 am, and she was fine, still slightly warm, but not burning up. I went back to bed. At 4:30, she came to get me up because she couldn’t sleep. I was going to give her a hug and get her settled back down in bed, but when I hugged her…well, the raging fever had clearly begun! Then, I took her temperature, it was 103. I gave her some more medicine, and settled her down on the couch to try to get some sleep. Patch curled up right beside her, kind of pinning her down. All of a sudden, she threw the blanket back and tried to get up…nut the dog was in the way. I asked what she needed as I was throwing the dog off the couch. Bear didn’t answer, but she hopped up and made a beeline for the bathroom…but she didn’t make it. Patch had cost her too much time! Bear threw up…and the sick saga began! Fortunately, only 2 out of 5 kids seem to have caught this one, though we may not be totally out of the woods yet.
Ah, the joys of motherhood! It’s glamorous, really.
All that to say, I didn’t do a great job at keeping up with all my goals this past week. Life just got in the way.
Goal 1: Drinking Water
I was successful on this goal this week! I met my goal of 4 water bottle refills every day except Saturday, when I only made it to three. Not too bad for the week, I suppose.
Goal 2: Play
Well, I didn’t do very well here. My playmates were sick! We did ride bikes on Tuesday evening before Bear started feeling sick. We rode again on Thursday…Bear was on the mend, and Lizard didn’t come down with the bug until Friday. Lizard was better on Saturday (she never gets sick as bad as everyone else), but it had started raining. It rained Saturday and Sunday, and most of Monday. We got out a dance video Monday afternoon and jumped around in the living room for about an hour…it was fun.
Goal 3: Research
I didn’t have much time to myself to read this week. Between taking care of (and cleaning up after) sick ones, and keeping the cooped up well ones out of trouble, it just didn’t happen.
Goal 4: Records
See Goal 3. I just didn’t have much extra time. My mind was being pulled in a hundred different directions, and most days, I just plain forgot!
Goal 5: Planning
I have no excuses here, I just didn’t get it done!
Goal 6: Finish Strong
Well, I guess I started at about the same strength as I finished, even if both were a little weak! So, do I count that as a success??
This Week’s Numbers:
- Chest – 37.5 inches
- Bicep – 14.5 inches
- Thigh – 27 inches
- Calf – 19 inches
- Hips – 50.5 inches
- Waist – 42.5 inches
Last Week’s Numbers:
Weight: 227.8 pounds
- Chest – 39 inches
- Bicep – 15.5 inches
- Thigh – 27.5 inches
- Calf – 19 inches
- Hips – 51 inches
- Waist – 43 inches
Even though I didn’t meet all my goals, all of my stats are still heading in the right direction. So I guess I can’t be too hard on myself! I have to say, even more exciting than getting a little smaller is the fact that I am starting to notice a difference in the amount of energy I have during the day. Its amazing to me how much of a difference drinking so much water makes. Water doesn’t specifically give me energy…since it’s essentially inert. However, it gives my body one building block of what it needs to function at its optimum level…even if there are a lot more blocks to go!
Hopefully, this week will go a little more smoothly, and I’ll make even more progress. I'm trying to stay positive, even when life gets in the way! Click To Tweet
My Goals: For Week 4
I think I’m going to try again at last weeks goals. Maybe I’ll do better this week! I don’t want to try to add something else to the goals when I didn’t master what I already set.
- I’d like to try for at least 4 refills of my handy 24 ounce bottle every day. I did it twice last week, so I know it can be done!
- Try to go at least 5 minutes longer riding bikes with the kids every evening this week. Some of this goal, of course does depend on Baby’s attitude with her Daddy while I’m gone!
- Keep reading up on different healthy weight loss options from the books I checked out.
- Keep on recording my meals in my planner. Find a space to start recording my movement activities.
- Start meal planning our breakfasts, lunches, and snacks. Breakfast around here is kind of a free-for-all, and I need to do better about making sure the kids are all out of bed at the same time so that we can sit at the table and eat a proper breakfast like civilized people! I let the kids get away with some really unhealthy snacking habits…I think having a plan would help with that. As for lunch, I’m just tired of fixing 4 different lunches for 5 people. We have everyone eat the same dinner, why shouldn’t that rule apply at breakfast and lunch, too?
- Finish the week strong! I kind of let everything go lax after my slip ups on Thursday last week. This week, I want to make sure I do as well on the weekend as I did starting out!
So, hopefully, life will be a little less hectic this week, and I’ll be able to meet more of these goals.